photo home-44.png photo about-57.png photo contact-53.png photo press-7.png photo helloluvvy.png

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Stay Ups. Need I say more?

Sock Pair # 3


Stay ups......oh where to begin? They hold such a stigma, such an appeal. In fact, as one could imagine it was hard to find a not so trashy image of them as well. When going through my drawer I absolutely had to write about these. I have not owned them for very long as I bought them when I was in Paris. I embarrassingly must admit that I didn't even know what they were until I came across them in H&M. This may seem impossible, but while I had seen them in pictures, I never knew what they were called. I assumed that any pair of topless tights would need those weird panty attachment things, which to me looks like a waste and extremely uncomfortable. So when I came across these I was pleasantly surprised. These were titled in French with English in parenthesis (Stay Ups). In confusion,  I took them over to my friend Liz: "Liz have you ever had these? I mean, do they just stay up?" Liz replied "I don't know but you should totally get them!" So I did, and I have not regretted it one bit. The reason I wanted to write about these is that I believe every women should own some. Not for your man (even though I am sure he would appreciate), but for yourself. When wearing these you just feel like a women. A sexy, confident women. There is still mystery in the female condition, and when wearing these you can sense it. Also the sheer black ones make your legs look great! 

Chateau de Versaille


I wore them the very next day to Versailles. I must admit it was a bit scary at first as I kept pulling at my skirt to make sure they were not showing. However, by the end of the day I was an old pro. A note of advice to the novice: don't wear them when it is 90 degrees outside and you have to walk all day. I ended up with a nasty rash (eesh!) where the plastic meets the skin; i.e. the stay up part. As you know sometimes we women have to pay a small price for beauty ,as I did that day (ouch!), but I must say it was totally worth it! 

Personification: sexy, frenchy, sheer, dressy, and by far the most feminine in the drawer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k