photo home-44.png photo about-57.png photo contact-53.png photo press-7.png photo helloluvvy.png

Monday, April 30, 2012

Stylish Cinema: Becoming Jane

I can't even begin to describe to you how much I loved this movie. Yes, I am quite the sucker for a good romantic period piece drama, but this one struck me to the core. It is one of those films that I am sure I will watch over and over. With Anne Hathaway as Jane Austen and James McAvoy as Mr. Lefroy, Jane's love interest, the story is one of passion and absolute loyalty. It is no wonder Jane Austen was able to write her incredible love stories with social constraints as the antagonist; she lived it everyday. I don't want to tell you the entire movie because maybe you have not seen it, but I absolutely recommend it. Even though it is set in a totally different time period and  we dress nothing like Jane Austen, we can still enjoy the style and probably draw some inspiration from its simple beauty.









Can I talk about how much I love him for one second? He honestly seems to be
completey underrated, and I have no idea why. Every movie I have seen him in
as the lead male has been amazing. You feel his character's every emotion.
He is seriously incredible. 






Lady Gresham: 
 "When a young women such as your self receives the addresses from a gentlemen, it is  her duty to accept at once. But what do we find?" 

Jane Austen:
"Independent thought." 


Sincerely, Darcy 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen this yet, but now I know what I am going to try to rent tonight! I love when bloggers review books and movies, its always nice to here how something was from an actual trustworthy person instead of the critics!
    Hope you are having a terrific Monday!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k