photo home-44.png photo about-57.png photo contact-53.png photo press-7.png photo helloluvvy.png

Friday, January 6, 2012

Fashion Through Film: 'Midnight in Paris'




 I FINALLY watched Midnight in Paris this morning and gah! I absolutely loved it. I loved that Owen Wilson was a complete representation of Allen. It sounded just like him, which was a fully appreciated surprise. I am mostly a fan of Allen's earlier films, but I really enjoyed this one because it was so fun and relatable. I loved the embodiment of Hemingway and the Fitzgerald's, and the total dream of being in Paris with them in the 1920s.  I also felt so similar to Gil, I am altogether nostalgic about everything. I typically think that the past was a better time and place, just as I am sure many do. It's like it is part of the human condition to never find satisfaction in life. We definitely don't want it to be mediocre, so then our dreams can often times become grandiose and we can't see the beauty around us. 

Basically, sometimes I am just waaaay too romantic for real life.....sigh.

The last photo above is my favorite 1920s inspired dress in the film. So gorgeous. Costume designer for the film is Sonia Grande. See this link for more photos and explanations of costuming. Apparently, she went on a 

"tireless search of half the

 world's antiques in Paris, London, Madrid,

Buenos Aires and their sultry boutiques,"

......um that would just be AMAZING.




Happy Friday Everyone 

Sincerely, 
Darcy 

2 comments:

 

design + development by fabulous k