photo home-44.png photo about-57.png photo contact-53.png photo press-7.png photo helloluvvy.png

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We All Need Art: Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art



I finally got to go to Crystal Bridges  with my family and, WOW it was so freaking unbelievable. We absolutely loved it! I am so thankful for this establishment, and that I get to go back anytime and for free! As many of you know being an Arkansan, we often times get a bum rap and well, I am pretty sick of people who seriously think they are amazing because of where they are from. Ridiculous! There was an article written in the Washington Post, that confronted this issue. Just why would Alice Walton construct, and donate all this incredible art to this middle of no where place, where nobody who is anybody, I suppose, would get to see it. Well, let me tell you why:  Hillbillies need art too! 


Blazer: The Attic, Shirt: H&M, Scarf: Frenzy, Bag: D&B
Vintage coat, leggings, steve madden oxfords. 


 We love it, and GET it, and UNDERSTAND it, and APPRECIATE it just as much as the next ass hole. I am lucky to have gone to a few fine art museums in my life and I think its important to point out that this one is just as wonderful as the MOMA, Guggenheim, Pompidou, etc. And dare I say it, maybe even better?? Okay I could be a little biased. 

However, there is one difference that may not be obvious to the untrained eye. The fact that there was such a diverse crowd there admiring each piece. Yes, there were some "hillbillies or rednecks" as some of you might refer to them. There were also, yuppies, hipsters, 

Hipster: duh.

old, young, rich, poor, hoity toity, etc..  My sister pointed out at one point that she had never seen so many wheel chairs in a museum. My Granny Ruth was one of the many elderly population in the museum. Being raised in Marshall, AR., and 80 years old, this was her first time to ever go to a fine art museum. 


How wonderful that it is finally available for her and many like her. So thank you Alice. While I am not always the biggest fan of the billion dollar Corp. your Dad started years ago, I am very thankful that you were willing to put such an amazing spectacle here, in B.F.E., U.S.A., Arkansas.

Incredibleness 


  









Sorry I don't have the artist listed with each piece. 
You will just have to go and check it out for yourselves. 


Sincerely, 
Darcy 

8 comments:

  1. Well said, Sincerely Darcy!!!
    -ABMerritt-Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite agree with all that you said (as you may have seen on my own little blog)!! Very well done Darcy. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute photos! looks like a place i wanna visit x

    luna
    lunaoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the museum looks breathtaking! the artwork is just awesome. and both of you look stylish. love the blazer, coat, and oxford. <3

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the artwork!

    Btw, if you love Mr Darcy, you should totally read this book 'The Truth About Mr Darcy' by Susan Adriani! It's super dreamy and romantic... Lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely pics :)
    i need your help dear, can you vote for me pleasssse ? http://www.be.com/mode/finale-fashion-tour-1069107/galerie-photo/armelle-1103888.html
    thks so much !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic museum, and how great that it is somewhere it will be appreciated, instead of yet another museum in another city already full of them?

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k