photo home-44.png photo about-57.png photo contact-53.png photo press-7.png photo helloluvvy.png

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Outfit post: Spring fever!



Dress: Grey Dog Vintage Boutique (1960's original) 
Cardigan: H&M
Shoes: Sperry  
Clutch: HOBO





Hair and Makeup (love!) by: Samantha Shannon. Visit her Facebook Page!


This dress can twirl ;) 


The fact that the sun came out was really the icing on the cake for this day. My friend Samantha came over to do my hair and makeup for this look and we had so much fun! I really wanted to encapsulate 1960's glam, and I think she really got it. Even though it was cold and overcast out, I really wanted to wear my new vintage dress. I knew I had to have it when I found it at Grey Dog. As I was checking out the cashier said, "I love that dress, but I just can't wear yellow." I have heard girls say this so many times, and I am not really sure why. I love yellow. It was one of my wedding colors and I made my sister and sister in-law wear this very color. They both have totally different skin tones and they both looked gorgeous!! So I really think everyone can wear yellow, and we should get over the idea that we can't. This color makes me happy during this drab weather. I can't wait for Spring!!! I can totally see myself styling this dress again for summer. No cardigan or tights, maybe different shoes, but I just had to wear it now. Hope you all are surviving winter, I know it hasn't been the worst (knock on wood), but I am still ready for warmer temps. 

 I am really excited because there is going to be a "behind the scenes" post coming up featuring Samantha and some awesome tutorials. It is in the works ladies and you will love it! 


Sincerely, 
Darcy 

7 comments:

  1. I love the yeallow on you! So pretty:)
    -loadsofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dress is so cute :) I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how the hair and makeup turned out! and that dress is too perfect! i love yellow, it always makes me happy... i just can never find cute pieces in the color! new mission, i think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so perfect! Love the yellow. Check out my blog and let me know if you would like to follow eachother.

    xo
    ejc

    stilettobeats.blogspot.com
    stilettobeats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need some colour in my life...and i'm deffo trying out that hair bun!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely adorable! Love the yellow!!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k